This is Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center
A rustic retreat center, at 8500 feet, replete with alpine meadows, spruce forests, birdsong and bugling elk, all under a view of Colorado’s iconic Continental Divide.
Join us to meditate in this environment, quieting our minds to connect deeply with the magic of nature. We can bring this connection into our work with others as we strive to support the health of the planet.
RMERC brings Buddhism and Dharma back into the natural world where they originated, and fosters the clarity and compassion needed to better address the ecological crisis and inextricably related social justice issues.
We call this Ecodharma.
180 acres of private river, meadow and woodland at an altitude of 8500 feet adjacent to National Forest and just a few miles from the Indian Peaks Wilderness. The land is set aside as a nature preserve and home to an abundance of wildlife, including deer, elk, moose, bear and beaver.
- Three historic buildings; sleeps up to 30 people.
- Incredible views of the Continental Divide and Rocky Mountains.
- Minutes from Indian Peaks Wilderness.
- 1.5 hours from Denver Int’l Airport.
- Permanent conservation easement as a nature preserve.
- Bordered by National Forest and other protected private land.
Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center is a low cost home for spiritual practice, with an emphasis on practice in nature. We are a supportive place for deep practice, a place for meditation, retreats, workshops and Ecodharma; a place for learning from nature, teachers and other participants, and a place for discovering ourselves in a wild environment.
We bring Buddhism and Dharma back into the natural world where they originated, and in doing so, regain the connection and energy necessary to effectively address ecological and related social crises.
Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center is a home for low-cost meditation retreats and workshops in nature. The programs we are most excited about include:
- Ecodharma workshops and retreats for activists, using the healing power of meditation in nature to ground and transform activism into a spiritual path of service to the community and to the earth.
- Low cost retreats that are offered in the spirit of generosity, with teachers receiving only expenses and donations (Dana).
- All spiritual practice traditions are welcome, and local Sanghas are encouraged to use RMERC for weekends and day-longs as well as for longer group retreats.
- Retreats for underserved communities including people of color, veterans, youth, and other groups who have historically borne or will bear the brunt of ecological and socio-economic devastation; and are often at the forefront of spiritually-rooted activism.
If you are interested in offering a retreat or workshop please inquire about renting RMERC. Above are the kinds of programs we most want to encourage, but we are open to others as well.