IMPERMANENT SANGHA AND ROCKY MOUNTAIN ECODHARMA RETREAT CENTER
INFORMED CONSENT, RELEASE, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
By reading and signing this I fully agree to and fully understand the following:
In this retreat costs and responsibilities are shared, and I am responsible for myself, and my safety. In consideration of both Impermanent Sangha and Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center, both Colorado Not for Profit Corporations, and everyone helping to host, organize, lead, teach, or guide this retreat and any entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereafter all referred to collectively as “IS”), and other persons participating on it (“Participants”), I hereby agree to completely release, indemnify, and discharge IS and Participants, on behalf of myself, and my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in this nature meditation retreat and any related activities, including being in nature or wilderness, driving or riding in vehicles, cooking, walking, hiking, backpacking, camping, river travel, whitewater boating, canoeing, swimming, wading, bathing, working with tarps, climbing or scrambling, entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, illness, COVID-19, paralysis, dismemberment, death, or damage or loss of property. I understand that such risks are inherent in and part of the essential qualities of the activity and cannot all be removed. Furthermore, while IS and other Participants may be more familiar with the environment and may help guide, teach, lead, and organize the trip, they are neither paid nor trained as guides, they may not have all the necessary knowledge or equipment, and they are not responsible for my safety. Though they will be aiming for safety, mistakes may be made. As a Participant, I am responsible for my own health, safety, actions, fitness and abilities. IS or Participants may misjudge the weather, the elements, my capacities, or the environment. I may receive inadequate warnings or instructions, we might not have all of the necessary equipment, the equipment may be insufficient or malfunction, and in the event of an injury or illness first aid supplies, knowledge or training may be lacking.
2. Travel, camping and retreats in both developed and backcountry areas can be dangerous and has risks. I acknowledge this, and agree that IS and Participants shall have no liability for my health and safety, including but not limited to: getting lost, separated, steep terrain, weather, travel by boat, canoe, raft, truck, car, bus, foot, and all other conveyances, forces and acts of nature, boat/canoe flips, rapids, rock fall, tripping, slipping, falling; exposure to human, insect, snake and animal attacks; bites and stings, infectious and communicable disease, including COVID-19, the risks of altitude, wind, wet, cold, heat, sun, dehydration, hypothermia, drowning, burns, food poisoning, my physical or mental condition, crime, civil unrest, fire, vandalism; injury or illness in close or remote areas, without means of rapid evacuation, communication, or obtaining adequate medical care, or a lack of medical training, experience, supplies, or facilities.
3. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks and dangers of this retreat. My participation in this retreat is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I warrant that I have the information, skills and experience; and emotional, mental and physical health and strength, to participate safely in this retreat.
4. Regarding COVID-19 and Coronvirus (Hereafter referred to collectively as CV)
I realize and understand that the situation with CV is changing and full of unknowns, that there is no effective treatment or vaccine, and testing is rarely available, so that the safest course of action for myself and others is to stay home and not participate in this retreat. I therefore fully acknowledge, accept and agree that I will do my best to adhere to the following conditions and protocols, knowing they may not be sufficient, and that I may catch, be infected by, or transmit, CV while travelling to, participating in, or travelling from, this retreat, and I understand and accept that risk solely as my own. I further agree that IS and Participants are not responsible for my health or safety regarding CV, or capable of fully protecting me from CV, and that any medical or other costs and health or other repercussions resulting from my participation in this retreat are fully my responsibility. I further agree to do my best to protect myself and others by:
Not coming to RMERC for a retreat, or leaving immediately if I am already there, if I experience any CV or CV like symptoms, such as dry cough, shortness of breath, fever, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell, fatigue, headache, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea.
When travelling to RMERC, not carpooling with people I don’t shelter in place with, and if using public transportation, wearing a mask, staying as far from others as possible, and frequently washing my hands or using hand sanitizer.
Camping out using my own equipment, and being the only one to use, touch and wash the plate, bowl, mug, and other eating utensils I bring.
Washing my hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer (provided) before and after I touch things others may also have touched or will touch.
Staying outside, keeping at least 8 feet away from other people when I am not wearing a mask, and wearing a mask whenever I am or may end up being closer than 8 feet.
Following any other written or oral instructions/guidelines that the retreat leaders make to help keep everyone safe.
5. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless IS and Participants from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this retreat, including CV or any illness caused by or related to CV, even if negligence on their part is found. This also includes my use of any IS or Participant’s personal, owned, borrowed, or rented equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions.
6. Should IS or Participants or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
7. I certify that I have insurance to cover any injury, illness, accident or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear any such costs myself. I further certify that I have no medical, mental or physical conditions that could interfere with my or others health or safety in this retreat, or else I am willing to assume - and bear the costs of - all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if I or anyone else is hurt or has property damaged on or as a result of this retreat, it is my express intention that I would be found by a court of law to have herein waived my rights to maintain a Lawsuit against IS or Participants, even if negligence on their part was found. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document, I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms, and that my relatives, heirs, estate, and assigns be also bound.